Let us start with the basic understanding of primrose oil and then we will move on to its benefits and side effects.
What is Evening primrose oil and how does it work?
Evening primrose oil is extracted for the seed of flowers usually grow in North America, South America, throughout Europe and some parts of Asia. this is pressed out of flowers which are yellow in color and close during the day and opens at sunset.
Below are some amazing health benefits of Evening Primrose Oil:
1) Maintain heart health: this oil has some anti-inflammatory properties which keep the blood cholesterol level under control, the fact is supported by many studies. If you are on medication for your heart you must consult your doctor before using it.
2) Helps reduce dermatitis: this is commonly known as eczema, as per a study in USA people who started consuming evening primrose oil for eczema have reported visible difference in their condition and also the % of skin affected is also reduced.
3) Helps prevent arthritis: the presence of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) in evening primrose oil is a good solution for arthritis. As per a study, consuming 500mg evening primrose oil a day can help you to fight with arthritis.
4) Helps manage weight: primrose oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which is rich with anti-obesity properties. this helps to reduce weight and also keeps you healthy.
5) Helps in symptoms of menopause: Evening primrose oil is rich with anti-inflammatory properties and that is why it helps in fighting with premenstrual syndrome. this oil has non-hormonal methods for treating the symptoms of menopause.
6) Helps in treating acne: this is interesting to know how evening primrose oil helps to reduce acne, now you know that it has gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and when you consume it your body further process it and it breaks down and produce DGLA (dihomo-gamma-linoleic acid) and it is proven that increased level of DGLA in body results in reduced inflammation which results in acne treatment.
Don’t forget to check out this amazing oil – Every Bit Organic Evening Primrose